Saturday, February 16, 2008

Plans and the consequences of breaking them...

Where did winter term go?

Right now, I'm laying on my bed, basking in the sunlight and trying to figure out how to manage my time so I can get this project done. I'm not traveling this week (but my boyfriend is) so I should be able to focus on getting this completed.

I'm headed to the Spearmint Rhino for a Coyote assignment at 9, but today's goals include organizing my ILL books into subject categories...and, well, I don't know. I feel uncomfortable micromanaging right now.

I feel like I'm in that place (again) where I'm uncomfortable with my project because it assumes a "best" way to live and a "best" ideology...a "best" way to create art. How can I shift the wording of my question and the focus of my research to make it sound like it is simply one way of looking at things...

but it is simply that. It's a queer evaluation. It's looking at the "I" without assuming it is permanent.

I need to go through this blog and ILL the books I noted that I ought to...

Oh, other things that I should probably be wary of confessing here: I'm skipping class for three days in March to go see Xiu Xiu in Salt Lake. I might try to get an interview with Jamie...it's totally and completely relevant to my Gipson project and I will work the experience of the show into my writing.

I have a boyfriend named Devin and he makes me want to write poetry again, so I have been. Lots.

I'll get stuff done today...

No comments: