Tuesday, February 19, 2008

diversions

ILL:

Carol Mirakove's books, particularly Mediated
I'll see if I can get some kari edwards.


Ugh, I do not find myself connecting with these poets...I have trouble getting into poetry that lacks a certain immediateness, but it makes me happy that my poetics are much more accessible, or so they seem. I can't concentrate; can't work in my room because the overhead light blew and it stopped being sunny enough to read from window light. Downstairs is too bleak for work and I just want Devin to get here because he's supposed to be my distraction for the day, not intellectual/creative roadblocks. And why do I feel the need to write these things in here I'm not going to gain anything by admitting that my work ethic has become wrapped up in that lazy sort of poem, the kind that maybe alludes to the idea of what poetry once was, something not so obvious...

my work ethic has become something not so obvious, but occasionally I get things done, and at least I'm happy& creative?


I think I'll revise until he gets here. This will be finished (or something) at somepoint.

No comments: