Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Today's Composition: String Quartet?

Oh absolute music, how you haunt me and elude the point of my Gipson project! On my way to Langroise from KAIC I couldn't kick this violin melody, so I figured I'd put it down in Finale. It is rapid, 6/8, and in quasi-D minor, but I can't imagine that it will keep a key center for very long. I played through what I want to do with the viola entrace on the piano, but I have a voice lesson in a few minutes, so here are the notes...

Notes: What I would like to do next is move the theme into the viola, sorta pantonally, based on Bb. As the viola reaches a tiny bit higher into
the range of the piece, I would like to introduce a little bit of romantic-style chromaticism, and have it grow only to devolve into the first melody
which will become more complex than the first time around by means of ornamentation and crafty chromaticism.

Hopefully further reading of Peraino will help make absolute music concordant with my cause...

No comments: